July 4 Boat Event
The July 4 Boat Event volunteers organize our July 4 boat decorating event.
The "Dom Court" trophy is awarded to the most popular boat. Mr. Dominic Court loved Wall Lake, and led the July 4 parade for many years.
The July 4 Boat Event always needs volunteers.
Please e-mail (email@example.com) or contact any board member to learn more about our July 4 Boat Event.
If you want to be in the boat display, please do the following:
1. E-mail your name to greaterwalllakeassoc.com
2. Decorate your boat with a 4th of July theme.
3. Write your lake address house number in black, bold print on a paper plate and attach it on the starboard (right) side of your boat for identification.
4. Meet at the end of Beechwood Point and follow the lead boat, captained by a GWLA board member, around the lake beginning at 10:00. Please stay in single file so the on-shore residents and judges can easily see your boat.
5. Judges on shore will photograph the boats and vote on their favorite using your house number for identification.
Please do not use water balloons. They are dangerous to wildlife and motor intakes.